Tanana River Watershed
Alaska Boreal Forest Council and GW Scientific
The following pictures are of Whitestone Creek, which flows adjacent to the Delta River and then enters the Tanana River on the south side just downstream of the confluence of the Tanana and Delta rivers. Data from recent creek surveys and the data collection station will be posted in the next few weeks. Small images are for quick viewing over the Internet. High resolution images are usually between 600 and 400 K. Please check back soon for more information!
Whitestone Creek Index Station
- Station Data, Do you know how stream temperatures vary over time?
Last Update: 2/25/02
- Cross-Section, Diagram of data-collection stations
- One: small image; high resolution image, lower section of creek
- Two: small image; lower section of creek, measurement devices in creek bed
- Three: small image; lower section of creek, soil-sampling pit in adjacent bank
- Four: small image; lower section of creek, looking upstream at data-collection station location
- Five: small image; lower section of creek, upstream of data-collection station